Brief information on the development and scope of its application
The development is based on the development of scientific ideas about the mechanisms of conduction electrocurrent processing of silumin melts in casting technologies.
As numerous experimental studies have shown, conduction electrocution (KETO) of molten metal in the liquid state and during crystallization in foundry production can be used as an effective tool for improving the operational properties of cast metal.
The KETO method under certain conditions can successfully compete with ultrasonic treatment, heat treatment, magnetodynamic processing, etc., at the optimal "price-quality" ratio. Although, as you know, there are no universal methods for treating molten metal.
When electric current passes through the melt, complex processes arise (electrodynamic, thermal, acoustic, hydrodynamic and electric), which actively affect directly the atomic and electronic structure of the melt. This can, first of all, ensure a positive change in the crystal structure of the metal. As a result, the number of nucleation centers increases, the phase morphology improves, homogenization of the melt, degassing, etc.
The main idea of the project: generalizing and systematizing the known results on the KETO of silumin melt, which demonstrate the wide functionality of KETO. Determine the conditions for obtaining castings with high service properties from Al-base alloys in shaped castings using KETO, including the use of modifiers such as, for example, Al + Ti + B and Na-based salts.
The main motive for achieving this goal is ways and methods to optimize the electrotechnical parameters of KETO for creating economical, efficient and environmentally friendly technologies for electrocurrent processing of silumin melts for the conditions of modern foundry production.
Progressiveness of development in the world
The proposed project unites the efforts of researchers from Ukraine who have extensive experience in this matter. The project will not focus on solving fragmented problems. It is supposed to expand the concept of the problem to a multifactorial and multi-purpose one taking into account the best correlation between "price and quality". In this formulation, the draft is proposed to be implemented for the first time. The authors of the project believe that the results of the research will allow using KETO to increase tensile strength and elongation on A357 A356, A319.0 alloy by 15 ... 25% and 2 ... 3 times, respectively, with energy consumption up to 5 kWh / t.
Brief information about the technological roadmap
The «roadmap» of the project was focused on the following tasks:
- to expand and deepen the scientific understanding of the multi-factor processes of KETO;
- to substantiate recommendations on the design of new technological modules for the production of castings from silumin in the foundry;
- to offer technology KETO to manufacturers of metal products for automobile and aerospace industry of China in addition to investment projects for financing production and commercial testing of new technological modules of KETO silumin.
Received patents of the application:
Pat. № 58349 Україна, Пат. № 57077 Україна, Пат. № 93648 Україна, 95040, 103399, 110555, 113572 The full text of Patents can be found on the official website of Ukrpatent under the link: http://base.uipv.org/searchINV/ (by patent number).
List of literature or scientific papers related to applications
- V.N. Concepts of quality control of cast metal // Metal and casting of Ukraine. 2008, №9, С.25-28.
- V.N. Principles of the system approach to the choice of methods for processing the melt. / Metal and molding of Ukraine. 2009, №7-8, С.12-16.
- V.M. Tsurkin, A.V. Sinchuk, A.V. Electric current Treatment of liquid and crystallizing Alloys in casting technologies // Surface Engineering and Applied Electrochemistry, 2011, vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 456-464.
- V.N. Influence of the system of the structure of the metallic melt on its properties. / / News of the Ukrainian Material Association, 2011, №4, С.11-19.
- V.N. To the question of resonant processes in the processing of melt in the technology of foundry .// Processes, 2012, №6 (36), С.30-35.
- V.M. Tsurkin, A.V. Ivanov, S.S. Cherepovskii, and N.A. Comparative analysis of the functional possibilities of methods of pulse treatment of melt.// Surface Surface Engineering and Applied Electrochemistry, 2016, vol. 52, No. 2, pp.181-185.
- V.N. Tsurkin, A.V. Fedchenko, S.S. Cherepovsky, N.A. Vasyanovich, M.L. Feschuk. Conduction electrocurrent processing of the alloy of the alloy A390 // Casting processes, 2014, No. 6, P. 32-40.
Responsible person applications Vladimir N. Tsurkin
Workplace Department of impulse processing of metallic materials.
Position / service title The head of the department, a leading researcher, candidate of physical and mathematical sciences (PhD), associate professor of the National University of Shipbuilding named after Admiral Makarov (Nikolaev, Ukraine). Member of the Metallurgical Society of Ukraine.
The history of research and development, received awards
Studies in the field of electrocurrent effects on liquid and crystallizing metals and alloys are conducted at the Institute from 2008 to the present. The influence of geometric loading schemes, parameters and duration of the electric current effect, methods of combining current sources of various types on the micro- and macrostructure of the formed casts, their chemical composition and properties were studied. An essential degree of such influence is shown and the possibilities of modifying the microstructure of casting by combining the parameters of the electrocurrent effect are established. A number of research projects have been implemented, including with the South Korean company Dong San Tech. Co Ltd.
Information about the members of the working group
- Ivanov A.V. - Candidate of Technical Sciences, Senior Researcher
- Fedchenko NA - Candidate of Technical Sciences, Senior Researcher
- Cherepovsky SS. - junior researcher, graduate student
Intention to cooperate
Current status of the project application
■ Number of companies using the project - 1 (without the innovative component proposed in the request).
■ The number of foreign companies using the project is 1 (without the innovative component proposed in the request).
Method of cooperation
1. Independent investment in the creation of:a laboratory / research center;
- manufacturing enterprise;
- service provider
2. Joint investment in the establishment of:
- laboratory / research center;
- manufacturing enterprise;
- service provider;
- educational institution
Graphic materials (photo + layout by key technology)
Conduction electrocurrent treatment of silumin A357 in sandy-clay form.