Brief information on the development and scope of its application
The electric discharge effect on the bottomhole well zone is intended to intensify the extraction of hydrocarbon minerals by increasing the system of cracks or canals, cleaning perforations and filters from sedimentation sediments.
Elements of the Skif-100M device and work with the device on the well
The electric discharge method is realized in a well filled with liquid by an intensive impulse action on the opening zone of a productive formation of cyclic compression waves generated by a high-voltage electric discharge.
The method is implemented by the discharge electric submersible device «Skif-100 M» in wells, stopped for underground or major repairs in any type of rock with an initial permeability of more than 0.1 × 10-15 m2.
The hydrostatic pressure in the well is not more than 45 MPa, the temperature is not more than 100 ° C.
Appendix A shows the technical characteristics of the electric discharge device "Skif-100M".
The method can be used for:
- increasing the productivity of oil producing, gas and injection wells for underground and capital repairs, restoration of the flow rate of artesian wells;
- treatment of bottomhole zones of highly viscous, paraffinic oils;
- call inflow into wells during their development and improvement, increase the injectivity of wells for underground gas storage;
- improving the quality of the cement ring during well cementing;
invocation of inflow from potentially productive layers in prospecting and exploratory wells
Progressiveness of development in the World
The electric discharge method of influence on the bottomhole well zone has shown its effectiveness in processing hundreds of wells in the fields of Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, China and other countries. The results of treatments indicate an increase in the flow rate of oil wells by more than 2 times, and the injectivity of injection wells increases approximately 3-fold. The average duration of the effect is from 10 to 24 months with a success rate of more than 85%. The results of application of electric discharge technology on some oil producing wells are presented in Appendix B.
Advantages of the electric discharge method of oil production intensification:
- ecological purity in combination with high efficiency and successful processing;
- preservation of the exposure effect for more than 10 months;
- selectivity of impact in the local zone of the formation;
- simplicity and reliability in operation;
- minimum power inputs;
- possibility of repeated cyclic action at one run
Brief technological road map of the project
Cooperation in the framework of this line of activity of the Institute is possible in several areas:
- the manufacture and supply of the Skif-100M electric discharge submersible device;
- service maintenance of the electric-discharge submersible device with the departure of specialists from the Institute for the processing of wells of the Customer;
- modernization of existing or development of new equipment for impact on the bottomhole zone of the well;
- carrying out research work on the feasibility of using an electrospray technology to intensify the extraction of minerals to a new facility or for a new purpose.
The technological roadmap of the project is developed by specialists for each project individually depending on the purpose of the project.
For example, for development of a prototype of a new electric discharge submersible device:
Stage 1. Selection of circuit solutions for an electric discharge submersible device.
Stage 2. Development and manufacture of a prototype of an electric discharge submersible device.
Stage 3. Test of a prototype of an electric discharge submersible device.
Stage 4. Completion of the prototype of the electric discharge submersible device.
Stage 5. Production of an experimental sample of an electric discharge submersible device.
Stage 6. Testing of an experimental sample of an electric discharge submersible device in laboratory and field conditions
Reated literature and patents
- Poklonov SG, Trofimova LP, Shvets IS, Zhekul VG Electrodischarge treatment of wells and ways to improve its efficiency // Izvestiya Vuzov, Oil and Gas .- 2002.- №4.- 128s.
- Developments of Pulse Power Industrial Applications at the Institute of Pulse Research and Engineering (IPRE) / Vovchenko AI, Shvets IS, Dubovenko KV, Ivanov AV, Kosenkov VM, Kurashko UI, Onishenko LI, Pruchod`ko VV, Radko SM, Rizun IR,
- 3. Sizonenko ON // Procedures of the 13th TEEE International Pulsed Power Conference, June 17-22, 2001, Las Vegas, Nevada. Sizonenko ON, Shvets IS, Kuchernyuk AV Application of electric discharge effect for the treatment of producing and injecting wells. // Oil industry- 2000.-№ 12.-C.133-135.
- Elektrohydroimpulse equipment for Increase of Oil and Intake Wells / Shwets I.S., Y.I. Kurashko, N.N. Klimanskiy, O.V.Hvoshan, L.I.Onishenko // 13th International Simposium on High Current Electronics: Proceedings. Electrodischarge treatment of wells in the oil-producing fields of Ukraine / Zhekul VG, Kuchernyuk VA, Melcher Yu.I., Poklonov SG. -Tomsk: Publishing House of the IAO SBRAS, 2004. - P. 409-411. ,
- Electrodischarge treatment of wells at oil fields of Ukraine / Zhekul VG, Kuchernyuk VA, Melcher Yu.I., Poklonov SG, Smirnov AP, Shvets IS // Вісник НТУ "ХПІ" .- 2012. - №21. - P.72-77.
- EGI installations designed to increase the flow rate of artesian wells / Kurashko Yu.I., Klimansky NN, Melcher Yu.I., Khvoshane O.V. // ЭОМ.- 2004. - №3.- С.68-69.
- Smirnov AP, Zhekul VG, Poklonov SG The choice of effective modes of the electric-discharge method of decalmation of wells // Geotechn. Mechanics: Interdepartmental. sci. ; Institute of Geotechnical. mechanics them. M.S. Polyakova of the NAS of Ukraine. - Dnepropetrovsk, 2012. - №98. - P.155-165.
- Electro-sputtering of water productivity in artesian sverdlovin / Shvets IS, Zhekul VG, Poklonov SG, Smirnov OP, Melcher Yu.G., Litvinov VV, Konotop SV, Khvoshchan OV, Pledge Є.І. // News of agrarian science Причорномор`я: Нау.журнал. - Mykolaiv: Mykola. nat. Agrarian University, 2013. - Vip.3. - С.200-205.
- Use of electric explosion impact on the bottomhole zone / Maksutov RA, Malushevsky PP, ... Sizonenko ON // Oil industry. - 1985. - No. 1- P.34-35.
- Sizonenko ON, Malushevsky PP, Maksutov RA Application of an electric explosion for the intensification of inflow from the seams // In: Discharge-pulse technology: problems of perfection. sci. tr. - Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1988. - P.32-36.
- Litvinov V.V. Features of the charging circuit of a submerged electric discharge complex of increased power / Litvinov VV, Khvoshan OV Kurashko Yu.I. // Herald of NTU "KhPI". Issue. "Techniques and electrophysics of high stresses". - Kharkov: NTU "KhPI", 2010. - P. 117 - 124.
- Electrodischarge method of decalmation of wells / Zhekul VG, Konotop SV, Kovalenko AA, Litvinov VV, Melcher Y. ., Poklonov SG, Smirnov AP, Shvets IS // Mater. Sciences-practical. "Bezpeka seredovischa zhittedniyalnost people" ta "Actual problems harchuvannya ta shahi zberezhennya zdorov, I in the everyday ekologicheschnih umovah" (a grass-cherven 2012r., Krim). - К .: Знання України, 2012. - С. 21 - 22.
- Dynamic ways of decolmatization of surface wells / Sofiysky K.К., Filimonov PE, Bokiy BV, Shvets IS, Cherednikov V.V. ., Smirnov A.P., Agaev R.A. - Donetsk: ТОВ "Східний видавничий дім", 2014. - 248 с.
- Sizonenko ON Electrodischarge method of influence on the structure of porous materials and the dynamics of filtration of hydrocarbon fluids in them: monograph. - К .: SPE "Interservis", 2015. - 300 p.
A more complete list is in Appendix G.
56 patents have been filed and received in this direction.
Below are some of them. Appendix B lists some scanned copies.
US Patent No. 5004050 "Method for well stimulation in the process of oil production and device for carrying the same into effect" US Patent file1.pdf
Patent of Ukraine № 73615 "Method of intensification of oil production"
Patent of Ukraine №57108 "Method of forming an electric discharge"
Patent of Ukraine №27436 "Electrohydroimpulsive borehole device"
Patent of Ukraine №88986 "Device for operation on the piercing zone of a well"
Patent of Ukraine №88982 "Device for action on the piercing zone"
Patent of Ukraine №54112" Device for operation on the piercing zone of a well"
Patent of Ukraine №39042" Device for operation on the piercing zone of a well"
Patent of Ukraine №67409" Submersible borehole device"
Patent № 50 388 "Device for operation on the piercing zone of the well"
Patent of Ukraine №89322" Electrode system of the device for operation on the piercing zone of the well"
Patent of Ukraine №88718" Electrode system of the device for electrohydraulic action on the formation"
Patent of Ukraine №33365" Generator of impulse currents of a submersible well device "
Patent of Ukraine №18912" Electrode system of device for electrohydraulic action on a layer"
Patent of Ukraine №55532" Electrode system of device for electrohydraulic treatment of wells"
Patent of Ukraine №80997" Capacitor with film dielectric for borehole devices "
History of scientific research, received awards
Research in the field of electric discharge impact on the bottomhole zone of oil producing wells began in the Institute since 1979 and is still ongoing. Over this period, more than 30 research projects have been completed. A large amount of research has been done on the formation and development of discharges in various media at temperatures up to 100 ° C and hydrostatic pressures up to 50 MPa, the electrical and temperature characteristics of the elements of electric discharge units for well treatment have been studied, the hydrodynamic parameters of submerged installations have been determined and their effect on the permeability of various reservoirs of oil wells, rheological properties of the solid and liquid phase of the bottomhole zone.